There are two types of Long-Stay Visas:
- Application in correct form;
- Valid travel document (+ 3 months after the intended date of departure);
- Two identical photographs, passport size, in white plain background with a good quality;
- Ticket that assures the return (except: residence visas for family reunification, researching or teaching in a higher education institution, and highly skilled labour);
- Travel medical insurance that covers any expenses which might arise, including urgent medical attention and repatriation;
- Authorization of access to the Portuguese criminal record by the Aliens and Border Service (SEF - Serviço de Estrangeiros e Fronteiras);
- Criminal record certificate from the country of origin or from the country where the applicant lives for more than a year;
- Documents related to accommodation;
- Documents proving that the applicant possesses sufficient income; Portaria nr. 1563/2007, 11th December and Portaria nr. 760/2009, 16th July;
- Minors shall present an authorization signed by a person exercising permanent or temporary parental authority or by a legal guardian.
NOTE: Children below 16 years do not need to present documents related to the criminal record.
This information does not replace a consultation with the competent Consular Post. Other documentation may be asked for by the consular post according to the requirements of local consular cooperation.
Início > Vistos | Visas > English > Long-Stay Visas